Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Death by Suffocation

When I was just 4 years old we lived in an apartment in Georgia. This dream takes place there.

I walk along the balconies of multiple apartments. I am walking to the stairs. There is a huge space above it. I see my father standing in the middle of that area. There is something over his head. A ZipLoc bag. What can a bag do? I skip along. "Daddy!" I shout. I keep skipping toward him. When I am about twenty five feet away from him, I stop. I try to keep moving but my legs are frozen. I can't move them!

Daddy is struggling. I can tell, I don't know why though. Maybe it's because of the ZipLoc bag. He nods as if he can hear my thoughts. I make hand gestures showing him how to take the bag off. He tries it but he can't do it. He can't take it of. If only my legs weren't frozen, I could go help him! He falls to the ground. He is having spasms, or so it seems. I am still trying to move, but I can't.

In a few minutes he stops thrashing about. And at four, I know. I know that he's dead.

I woke up crying from that dream. Not realizing that it was actually a dream. I ran to my parents room and slept with them for the rest of the night. I was four years old when my dad died in my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment