Thursday, July 29, 2010

Michael Phelps, Murdered Woman, and Chinese Food

Me, Lony, Jenna, and Carrie are all 18 and we’re going to each have a huge party at different times. For that, we each hired an advertiser to advertise our parties. I am the first one to plan out my party and advertise it and almost everyone I invited RSVPed with a ‘YES’. But Lony, Sweta, and Ishanee hadn’t planned their parties yet. They were freaking out because time was flying.
One day, I am going to the meeting room that we have set up so everyone can see each other’s advertisements and say if they have any objections or ways to correct them. I’m a little late, and so is Lony’s advertiser. So, I walk in with him to see that they have all planned their parties and they all have made invitation cards and are not going to use their advertisers. Lony’s advertiser, however had already come up with an advertisement.
“Sorry, but I’m going to use these invitation cards.” Lony says, “You’re fired.” I see her cards, they are little pretty flowers, then I see Ishanee’s cards they are cute little elephants. Before I can see Sweta’s I see that Lony’s advertiser (ex-advertiser) is starting to set up the advertisement that he made for Lony’s party. I go to him and I stop him.
“Stop, Stop! She fired you, putting the ad up won’t do anything. See, she already has all her invitations.” I say in a soft voice. He looks like he’s about to cry. I pull him into the foyer of the meeting place try to calm him down. But he’s in denial that Lony fired him.
I get him to leave and walk back into the room where Lony and Sweta are talking and Ishanee went to the bathroom. Lony says,
“Did you get rid of the ad dude?”
“Yeah” I say
“Good.” She says. And then we start talking about something else and laughing and all that.
That weekend, I go to a restaurant and wait for my friend to come… and wait… and wait… and wait. Finally, around 11:30 PM, I get up and go look for him. If he lives in this town, he can’t be too far right? Right. I see him going into a Kroger across the street. I get really happy and follow him in. I walk behind him in the isle, and he never turns and never sees me. I don’t call out his name either. I follow him out of Kroger and down a couple blocks to a club. He walks in and without thinking, I walk in behind him. I follow him and there’s super loud music and a huge crowd but I manage to follow him and see him walk up to another girl and they just sit in that corner and make out. It sickens me, so I get out of the club and walk up the streets going to catch the bus. But then I see my dad walking down the street, not toward me but he could see me if he turned his head. I quickly jump around and cover my face with my hand and run back into the club.
The next morning I go to a friend’s house, a friend from the club. And a couple others. One of them, Kayla, is very excited because she got 5 free tickets to the Olympics. The others just sit down and start boxing on the Wii. In a couple minutes my mom finds me and she walks up to me and slaps me hard twice on the cheek and says, “What were you thinking?!” I look at her and make up this whole story that I really don’t expect her to buy.
“Well, I don’t really know how I got to the town but I must have sleep walked and then I got hungry and I thought the club was a restaurant and went in there but after I realized it was actually a club the guard dude said I couldn’t leave and so I found a couple girls and left with them.” I lied. And she actually believed me. And said to come home when I was done here.
Suddenly, Kayla started crying and she wouldn’t talk to anybody. So I went up to her. She was hiding under the table.
“What’s wrong Kayla?” I asked. She jumped out from under the table and onto me, making my fall onto the ground. She’s on top of me, crying hysterically.
“They just called me… and … I didn’t get tickets to the Olympics… I got backstage passes! I GET TO MEET MICHAEL PHELPS!!” She cried, and that’s when I realized she was happy crying. After all that was done, I started watching the Wii boxing. It was happening on two sides and four people total were fighting. Two were the fighters; two were the people they were fighting with. Whoever went down first won, but they had to try. This black girl went down first. Suddenly, it became live, and I was the news person. The white girl won but the black girl was all like, “But I went down first.”
Then, I suddenly became a girl, running away with these men with horses chasing me. I was close to home, I say my horses walking around and I hopped on one of them and rode home. There, my mother was digging a pool and my dog was splashing around in a shallow puddle my mom created with our hose. “Hey Mom.” I say, jumping over the puddle and running into the house, shutting the door and the blinds. My grandma is a neat freak. I put her to sleep when the new people arrive to interview me. I put on a pity story and they run.
Then I am suddenly in a restaurant eating with my friend Cat. I am Bones and Booth is sitting right next to me. Instead of getting a fortune cookie, we get a pencil. And mine says the word ‘BONE’. I think it’s the cutest thing. And Booth is bored he just nods his head in agreement. We have to go because a murdered woman has been discovered and her eyeballs have been cut out. We go downstairs and someone from upstairs calls and says Cat was stabbed to death right after we left. Booth and I start running up and become  Poppy and me, we stop at a Chinese restaurant to eat. Then we go to a Korean restaurant to eat. And the Korean dude says, “You eat Chinese then Korean, who you kidding?” In a Korean accent. Then we go to a fast eat Japanese restaurant and eat the food fast so the Japanese guy doesn’t catch us.
Then I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment