Monday, July 12, 2010

Parties, Flying Cars, Cliffs, and a Sunset that takes me away

I had this dream on Sunday when I was sleeping in the car when we were driving back home from Ohio.
I have had this dream before, I don't remember when. But everyone in the dream also knew that it was a dream and that I have had it before.

I returned from a party with my friend and two brothers. The younger one sat down and watched TV but the older one took out a camcorder and started taping us. He said, "And today is the day to reveal some secrets!" and zoomed in on me. I walked up and put my hand on the lens and we all started laughing. Just then, my friends mother comes and is shocked. She says, "How dare you laugh!" and pulls my friend away who is looking at me with eyes that say Help Me! I have a flashback and I know that in the end of the dream the mother will go crazy and will reveal the truth about herself.

My brothers disappear as I walk into the hallway where the butler is waiting for me. He knows exactly what I want him to do: Find clues. But he has already found them and kept them from the last time this dream took place. He has put them all in a vent under the runner under the decorating tables in the hallway. He takes out the clues and we rush to the car: my grandfather's old ambassador car. Surprisingly, it can fly. And everyone knows that we'll find another clue in the pocket of the back seat of the car but we don't "find" it yet because it isn't the right time.

At this part of the dream I find out that I am part of a tribe: the Oriya. We have been underestimated and looked upon as stupid and unhygienic by the rest of the tribes. All the tribes have one Great Spirit that they pray to and when the time is right the Great Spirit comes out and gives you advise, but it is never straight forward. It is always a riddle, or symbolic, or poetic, and you have to figure it out and find out what he's talking about.
After about ten minutes in the car, the Great Spirit jumps in. It is like a ghost, his head, and only his head flies into the car and says: He is not to be trusted. The swarm of Bees will kill. He flies away. I have no idea what he just said but I have no time to think about it because right then a guy and girl jump into the car and say, "Hi! I'm Oriya." I am glad to have someone else to relate to and say, "Me too!" We talk for a while and I learn that the boy has a power to make whatever he wants appear out of thin air.

"I know how to help you." He says. I tell him to help me. Suddenly a swarm of dangerous Bees come out from underneath the seats of the car. "What are you doing?!" I yell.
"Saving you by killing you!" he says. I panic and jump out of the car and land in a river. From the riverI see a tribe lined up on both sides. And I see the same boy giving them instructions.
"I am from the Oriya. Since you have looked down upon us our whole surviving lives, I will kill you. But. To make it a fair fight, I will give you a chance at making an arrow and killing me before I make you jump off of that cliff." Oh no, I recognize the tribe, the suck at making arrows. How can I help them? About 25 arrows appear in my arms. I go around and sneakily give one to each of the tribe members without getting caught. When I am giving an arrow to the last person, the boy sees me. I shove the arrow in his arms and go underwater and swim breaststroke all the way down the river. I get about 100 feet in front of the boy but the river ends and I have to get out and run. I run as fast as I can but it isn't fast enough. The boy catches me and takes me to the top of the cliff. I choose a spot on the cliff and jump into the river and bend just at the right time surviving the deadly fall. I swim to the end of the river and notice the spirits of all the people who died on the jump swimming with me. I reach the end and run to a tree and climb up it. I find about six other people in the trees with tennis balls and baseballs. "What are you doing here?" I said.
"We survived the fall too, and we are going to throw these balls at the boy when he comes after you." One of them says.
"Thank You." I see the boy coming but he stops. He calls out to someone then grins. A huge monster: a dull yellow colored, mean King Kong comes after us. We all run in different directions. Soon, I lose the monster and run out of the forest to encounter the most beautiful scenery ever.

The grass is up the my lower thighs, the sun is just about to set and it reflects off of the grass making it look golden. I spot a person: A dancer, dancing in the golden grass. The sun reflecting off of her skin making it shine almost as bright as the sun. She is graceful, beautiful the best dancer I have ever seen. She turns in circles and jumps and moves her arms and her long skirt flies everywhere with her silky black hair. I walk up to her quietly she stops spinning and looks at me, a calm smile rests on her lips. I recognize her! "Jenna?!" I ask, so surprised to see her here in my dream, dancing in the middle of nowhere.
"Hi." She says calmly then continues to dance.
"What are you doing here?"
"Dancing"
"In the middle of nowhere?"
"Yup!"
"Who is picking you up?"
"Your parents"
"What?!"
Right then my parents' car pulls up and we both get in. My dad says,"Oh, sorry I forgot to bring you a change of clothes Sweta."
"Oh, It's alright. I'll just sit in this."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes." So we continue driving on the highway and Sweta and I talk. We stop at a gas station. I walk around and find a food court. I see a girl with curly blonde hair sitting there. I suddenly know her name: Sarah. She is crying her eyes out and screaming. I walk past her scared of what might happen if I do talk to her and sit at the other table.

After I wake up, I realise we actually have stopped at a gas station but no food court and no crying girls.

1 comment: